VIDEO: Introducing Poutine, Your New Favorite Junk Food
Why not prepare a batch of poutine? This regional dish starts with fresh french fries that are doused in gravy and cheese curds. Though it sounds and looks a little out there, poutine will be your new favorite junk food.
From POPSUGAR Food
Poutine Ingredients For fries:
- 2 tablespoons duck fat or butter
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, such as russet, skin left on and sliced into 1/2-inch matchsticks
- Salt, to taste
- 6 ounces pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces cheese curds
- 1 tablespoon parsley
Directions Make the fries:
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss baking potatoes with duck fat or butter until well-combined; spread into an even layer and season with salt to taste.
- Bake 45 minutes or until browned, flipping halfway through.
Meanwhile, make the gravy:
- While the fries are baking, brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat.
- While sausage is browning, combine flour and butter and mix thoroughly.
- Once sausage is brown, incorporate roux; slowly add beef broth and bring gravy to a boil.
- Once boiling, add salt, then reduce heat to medium-low, simmering several minutes until sauce thickens.
Assemble the poutine:
- Top fries with gravy; crumble cheese curds atop pork gravy.
- Top with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Information Category Snacks, Other Cuisine North American Yield Serves 4
Thanks for checking us out. Please take a look at the rest of our videos and articles. To stay in the loop, bookmark our homepage.